I’m exactly 168 hours away from my Trimester end exams and yet here I am accepting awards and blogging away. (And I’ve eaten 5 Hersey’s Kisses in the past two minutes)
I was nominated by Pretty, Plus and Proud for this award and I’m super grateful! Her blog is fascinating and completely amazing. My absolute favourite thing is the name of her Blog and that often makes me wonder why I wasn’t this creative while coming up with mine!
Go check her blog out!
⚘R U L E S ⚘
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I started this blog back in 2010, when I was thirteen. Thus its name earlier was shivani13’s blog (a very, very, very obvious rip off of my best friend’s blog at the time). In all honesty, my earlier posts when I had just started out weren’t exactly good I’d say. They were quite random, and also quite long.
My blog’s never really had a theme, and probably never will. I think the best part about writing here is that no one that I know personally ever reads anything here which gives me complete freedom to write about anything and everything. I think limiting myself to a theme would pose quite a few hurdles, and thus I freestyle and write about whatever inspires me the most at that time – Books, movies, some exciting life event.
Its been seven years and I’ve to say I’m quite happy with how far I’ve come. I can write MUCH better than I did back when I was thirteen and I think writing here as been a huge part of my teenage years and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
My advice to people just starting out would be;
- Write about whatever YOU want – this means and includes you wanting to write a long essay on why you love pizza. Writing about what you want to write about is exactly how you’ll keep on writing.
- Don’t stress about the fact that you don’t have followers, writing here is for you and not necessarily for tons of people to read. Down the line, you will definitely end up with loads of followers because you’ll clearly be great at this blog writing thing.
Fair Warning: Nominating People and linking their blogs will take 61423647 hours.