Its been years since I’ve been nominated for an award and to be completely honest, I got SO excited when I got the notification. Scribbles nominated me for this and I say this from personal experience – she’s an awesome person and I strongly believe that everyone should get to know her and PLEASE GO CHECK OUT HER BLOG BECAUSE SHE’S WRITES AMAZINGLY WELL AND IS GOING PLACES FOR SURE
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 8 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
So here’s my story – If anyone has ever paid attention to my blog’s URL, you would notice that it has the number 13 in it. And that is my story. I started this blog when I was a baby only because my best friend had one and she’s a brilliant writer and I was really excited about the idea. I remember it was back in the 9th grade and the only people who ever gave it the time of day were my parents, my best friend and my brother.
I’m proud to say that I’ve come a long way and met amazing people along the way and I’m hopeful this continues for a while!
My advice to new comers is super simple:
- Never forget that you’re doing this for yourself, and no one else.
- Dont worry too much about your content – when you’re in it, everything will work out fine.
Here’s my nominations!
- Thoughtless Musings
- Silly Free Spirit
- Girl on the go
I’m exactly 168 hours away from my Trimester end exams and yet here I am accepting awards and blogging away. (And I’ve eaten 5 Hersey’s Kisses in the past two minutes)
I was nominated by Pretty, Plus and Proud for this award and I’m super grateful! Her blog is fascinating and completely amazing. My absolute favourite thing is the name of her Blog and that often makes me wonder why I wasn’t this creative while coming up with mine!
Go check her blog out!
⚘R U L E S ⚘
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I started this blog back in 2010, when I was thirteen. Thus its name earlier was shivani13’s blog (a very, very, very obvious rip off of my best friend’s blog at the time). In all honesty, my earlier posts when I had just started out weren’t exactly good I’d say. They were quite random, and also quite long.
My blog’s never really had a theme, and probably never will. I think the best part about writing here is that no one that I know personally ever reads anything here which gives me complete freedom to write about anything and everything. I think limiting myself to a theme would pose quite a few hurdles, and thus I freestyle and write about whatever inspires me the most at that time – Books, movies, some exciting life event.
Its been seven years and I’ve to say I’m quite happy with how far I’ve come. I can write MUCH better than I did back when I was thirteen and I think writing here as been a huge part of my teenage years and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
My advice to people just starting out would be;
- Write about whatever YOU want – this means and includes you wanting to write a long essay on why you love pizza. Writing about what you want to write about is exactly how you’ll keep on writing.
- Don’t stress about the fact that you don’t have followers, writing here is for you and not necessarily for tons of people to read. Down the line, you will definitely end up with loads of followers because you’ll clearly be great at this blog writing thing.
The Coffee Bean Brain
Fair Warning: Nominating People and linking their blogs will take 61423647 hours.
Hello everyone! I was nominated by the super duper amazing Leani, so a massive, massive thank you to her! Go check out her blog its without doubt one of the most interesting blogs you’ll ever come across!
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers that you want to share with the world.
- Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are the 10 questions I was asked!
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
Pop Music definitely because my absolute favourite bands are One Direction and Coldplay.
- Do you play any instruments? What do you play?
Not really, not any longer. I used to play the guitar but I haven’t in a long, long, long time.
- What movies do you want to recommend to your readers?
The Breakfast Club, Argo, Now You See Me, Brokeback Mountain.
- Online shopping or in store shopping?
Online shopping for books and cups and pillows, but in store shopping for clothes and shoes.
- Is there any hairstyle, makeup look, or outfit you’d love to rock, but don’t feel comfortable enough to. (example: getting a pixie cut)
- What do you do for fun?
Read books :”)
- Do you have any hobbies besides blogging?
Yes, reading! Also, collecting key chains.
- Tea or Coffee?
COFFEE ALL THE WAY
- Do you have any desert recommendations?
Eh, not really. I recommend all and every kinds of deserts!
- What is one thing you want to share that your readers might not know about you?
Uhhh, I LOVE swimming, I’m not sure if people know that or not.
WOW THIS POST HAS BECOME REALLY LONG, HERE’S A STRESS BUSTER
SO now finally, these are my questions!
- Pizza or Pasta?
- If you could live any place in the world, where would you live?
- Do you have a favourite author?
- What is your absolute favourite cuisine in the world?
- Do you speak French?
- The Beatles of Pink Floyd?
- Would you go back in time to meet Abraham Lincoln?
- When did you start blogging?
- Do you attend many parties?
- How old are you?
And now these are my nominees!
A Typical Teenager’s Life
I’M FINALLY DONE YOU GUYS PLEASE BE PROUD