Every single time Ed Sheeran releases new music I feel like Jesus personally is blessing me. All these years and there hasn’t been a single song of Ed’s that I haven’t absolutely been obsessed with.
Ed Sheeran’s new album has a total of 15 songs and every single one is really, really good. Like every other album, I have a favourite song – Best Part of Me featuring YEBBA is what is making me cry.
This album is so so different from his previous ones because you are so used to listen to Ed singing alone and listening to his voice melting along with so many other artists that I really like (Khalid, Camila Cabello) is heavenly.
There are a lot of artists that I haven’t heard of before and literally because of this album, I’ve now googled them. Ed Sheeran has been one of my favourite artists ever since I spent a four hour car drive listening to The A-Team on repeat and with every new album I’m now only more attracted to what a beautiful human he is.
If you haven’t heard this new album, you totally should and then listen to it all on repeat.
Today, I was coming back home and I was stuck in traffic for exactly two hours. It was excruciating and would’ve have been really, really boring if I did not have my music to listen to – so here is a list of songs I play while I’m stuck in traffic!
Slow moving traffic:
- Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
- Cold/Mess by Prateek Kuhad.
- Fear of the Water by Syml.
- Dive by Ed Sheeran.
Traffic that is not at all moving (at all!):
- Without Me by Halsey.
- I don’t care by Ed Sheeran.
- Up & Up by Coldplay.
- Treat you better by Shawn Mendes.
When you get through a patch of bumper-to-bumper traffic and end up in another similar patch:
- I will wait by Mumford & Sons.
- Believer by Imagine Dragons.
- I get to love you by Ruelle.
- I don’t know what it’s like to be you by Shawn Mendes and Julia Michaels.
When you finally escape traffic:
- Waving flag by K’naan.
- Counting Stars by OneRepublic.
- Live while we’re young by One Direction.
- Summer of ‘69 by Bryan Adams.
If you’ve seen the news in this past week, you’d know that crazy rains made our municipality declare a public holiday. I absolutely love things getting canceled (especially college), and Mumbai rains always end up canceling something once a month. Rains seem super romantic and beautiful when you’re sitting inside doing nothing and these are the songs I’ve been listening to in these rains:
- Beautiful People – Ed Sheeran feat. Khalid
- Senorita – Shawn Mendes feat. Camila Cabello
- Falling for boys – Julia Michaels
- Rescue Me – OneRepublic
Its so crazy how much Shadowhunters suddenly means to me. The show has given me SO many new things to obsess over and SO many new things to feel. Here’s a list of amazing new music that Shadowhunters has given me and that I listen to almost daily because I can:
- Where’s My Love? – SYML
- Bridges – Aisha Badru
- Lovely – Billie Ellish feat. Khalid
- Wide Eyed – Billie Locket
- Fear of the Water – SYML
- War of Hearts – Ruelle
Go listen to these amazeball songs and then you can thank me.
Last night, I listened to three new songs and overall I’ve had a good start to the weekend with new music from some of my absolute favourites!
- Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t have you.
- Ed Sheeran and Justin Beiber – I don’t care.
- Zayn and Zhavia Ward – A Whole New World.
- James Arthur – Falling like the Stars.
Its been quite a good start to my March (especially because Jonas Brothers). Suddenly my playlist has a ton of new songs and I am so excited about listening to them over and over again!
- Into You by Julia Michaels (Literally the whole of her new album!)
- Sucker by Jonas Brothers
- I’m so Tired by Lauv and Troye Sivan
- Saturday Nights by Khalid
- Bones by OneRepublic and Galantis
If you haven’t heard one of these (or any of these – you REALLY need to)
Since exams start in 3 days, I’ve been busy struggling with the syllabus load. The best part of this whole process would be that I spend most hours listening to music side by side!
This is my current playlist that helps me get through over ten hours of sitting on the desk and procrastinating:
1) Without me – Halsey
2) Trust my Lonely – Alessia Cara
3) Happy Now – Kygo
4) Revelation – Troye Sivan
5) Shallow – Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
6) Cold/Mess – Prateek Kuhad
7) Bad Liar – Imagine Dragons
Have you heard any of these recently? 🙋🏻♀️