When I started my degree last year, I was terrified. Sure, I was excited but I was way more terrified. I wasn’t ready to meet new people and make new friends all over again. I totally wasn’t ready to live in a whole other country! I spent my first months still being terrified and not really enjoying it as much I imagined I would. I went back home in December and (I thought) that I was happier there.
I now have a week left of LLM classes and by the end of July, I will have my degree! And now, I am not ready to leave.
It’s actually crazy (but also in another sense, very cliche) – I’m only realizing how much I’ve loved it here when its almost done. My one year in Singapore has given me SO much. I’ve met people that I would’ve never met if I hadn’t been here,
I’ve tried new food I would’ve never tried if I hadn’t been here,
I’ve experienced things I definitely would’ve never experienced if I hadn’t been here.
More than just the degree (and some really good teaching), Singapore has given me so much more. I once read somewhere that a lot of things change in life when you stop living with your parents. I haven’t lived with mine for years and yet so many new things changed when I came here. More than things just changing, I’ve had so many firsts in Singapore (my first time dragon boating, my first gin and tonic, my first time cooking a whole meal – and a million more things).
Now that my degree’s almost done, I’m terrified all over again. I’m terrified of leaving this city because its grown on me. I love my country, but these months have made me love this new country so much that I can’t understand why I was so excited to leave it. And so with every submission done and every class getting over, I am totally not ready for this part of my life to end.
Niall’s second studio album, Heartbreak Weather released on 13th March, 2020 and completely hooked me and I honestly feel that this album is much, much better than his first one. The songs and the music feel a lot more like him and have this amazing Niallish feeling. (You have to listen to it to know it).
A few songs have already been around for a while but even the rest of the album is equally mesmerizing. From his music videos, to his interviews, right up to the lyrics of the songs, every thing feels perfect in this album.
The first track is the album-titled Heartbreak Weather. It also has a music video and I absolutely love both.
Put a little love on me is this beautiful slow song that’s really been making me cry.
Black and White has the following lyrics:
“Yeah, I see us in black and white
Crystal clear on a star lit night
In all your gorgeous colors”.
– There is no way brilliant writing like this doesn’t make you want to listen to this song again and again!
My favourite song of the album is definitely No Judgement. The song, quite frankly, has every thing – good lyrics, great music, super fun music video.
Really, there’s not one song on this album that I’m not playing on loop. Through every single song you can hear Niall’s voice so crystal clear that I can’t believe there used to be a time when you could barely hear him in One Direction songs.
8.5/10 for this great second album!
Elite is Netflix’s Spanish original about a private school that is gripped with tragedy and suspense right from Season 1.
Season 3 dropped last night and as I expected from myself, I started and finished in half a day. If you’ve seen the trailer then you know that Polo dies in this season and we’re obviously dying to find out who kills him finally ending the whole Marina disaster.
This season has eight episodes and in my personal opinion, this is the best season that show has produced in these last three years. You will be hooked from the very first episode and every single new revelation will keep you guessing about who actually did it.
There were a few things that I absolutely LOVED about this new season and I was really glad about how they progressed through the episodes.
1) Lu and Nadia’s friendship: This is a friendship I’ve been dying to see happen since the very first time I saw them on screen together. When it finally did happen, it did not disappoint one bit. Lu and Nadia have come so far from when they first met and it shows so clearly in the last episode. (Spoiler: I cried)
2) Samuel and Carla: Only my second favourite couple on this show, Sarla (as I call them), barely have screen time with each other in this season but the few times they do – they are beautiful and they are totally meant to be and all I cared about was the pure hope that ending gave them.
3) Omar tells Ander he’d stay with him for a 100 years: Who am I kidding when I say I’m NOT totally in love with this couple from Day 1. They’ve been through so much and they started so randomly that I cannot help but cheer for every small thing they achieve or overcome together. This season hits them really hard and as always, they come out on top. Daam, I love them.
4) Guzman tells Samuel he never thought he’d be glad to see him: What has this season not given to me? Samuel and Guzman’s friendship did start last season but this season makes them one. They support each other, they stop each other from making stupid decisions and they’re always there for each other.
If you’ve never watched Elite, then PLEASE, just start.
And if you’re waiting to binge the new season, then just do it!
I’m a sucker for BuzzFeed Quizzes because really they’re so ridiculously stupid that you can’t help but enjoy how a breakfast choice can decide who your soulmate will be!
So here are the last 4 quizzes I took on Buzzfeed!
1) The Emojis You Use Most Will Reveal Which “The Office” Character You Are – Find out!
2) Wanna Know What Hogwarts House You Really, Truly Belong In? Tell Us Your Music Preferences To Find Out – Find out yours.
3) Eat As Much As You Want At This Buffet And We’ll Reveal Which Avenger You Are – Are you Thor?
4) Pick Your Favorite Italian Foods And We’ll Give You A Netflix TV Show To Watch – Go watch it!
So if you have absolutely nothing to do, go take these and a million more buzzfeed quizzes and believe me, you shall not regret it.