Huge, major spoilers down below!
Riverdale’s Season 2 has been below par for me personally. The episodes haven’t been as gripping as the first season and there’s way too much Archie for my liking. The finale was mediocre and felt like a long overhaul on a bad season, however, it still had a few taking points and scenes that made me happy and giddy and were cute:
- Jughead becoming the Serpent King – I mean, really, ABOUT TIME.
- Cheryl joining the Southside Serpents, and that red jacket. WOW.
- Moose and Kevin kissing! Keeping all my happiness aside, Kevin Keller deserves some happiness after all. He’s never had a proper relationship and I’m rooting for one.
- Archie finally realizing what a crazy town Hiram Lodge is and LETTING HIM GO.
- The whole of Riverdale High standing up for the Southside students.
Riverdale returns in the Fall and to be super honest, I’m not strongly looking forward to it. Cole Sprouse is my number one reason for going back to this show.
On Saturday, I finally got done with my fourth year finals exam (after what seemed like a decade!)
I have now successfully found a ton of material (shows/movies) to watch this summer before I go back to college for fifth year. Here’s an inconclusive list of what I plan to start binge watching soon:
- 13 Reasons Why (Season 2): This is kind of a no brainer. I’m a huge fan of the book and the first season and I can’t wait to see what this new season brings especially since the book runs out after the tapes. I also really want to see Julian become an all-out hero for Jessica.
- Greenhouse Academy (Season 2): I had started the second season before I started with exams, but I still have the whole thing to go through with. The show revolves around an elite high school with super competitive students but also a high tech crazy conspiracy. I’m actually low-key obsessed.
- The Alienist (Season 1): Netflix actually recommended this show after I finished with The Mindhunter (mind blowing af). The show is a psychological thriller about a serial killer and studying him and I’m so excited. I can’t seem to get enough of the genre.
- Spiderman: Homecoming: Yes, I haven’t watched. Yes, I plan to really, really soon. Its fair to say that I’m already a huge fan of Tom Holland and his adorable little face.
- Omertá: Omertá’s a Hindi movie based on Pakistani terrorist Omar Saeed Sheik, the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks played by one of my absolute favourites – Rajkumar Rao. I was really looking forward to watching the movie on the big screen but dam you exams!
There are two types of people currently reading this: People who’ve watched Thirteen Reasons Why and people who haven’t. If you fall in this later category, drop everything and watch it; right now.
Thirteen Reasons Why is an original netflix series based on Jay Asher’s novel of the same name published back in 2007 (if you haven’t read that either; READ IT!) The show is about Hannah Baker, a 17 year old girl who commits suicide and then leaves 13 tapes with 13 reasons recorded on them stating why she committed suicide.
If you have read the book, you would’ve been as excited as I was when you heard about this series – the book is brilliant, and the show would be as well. I watched the 13 episodes in 3 days and I cannot stop recommending it to everyone! The show is powerful and heartbreaking. It is 95% like the novel and is amazingly made into thirteen one-hour episodes that show you precisely why you should think twice before saying anything to anyone.
This show will make you cry. And make you cringe, and make you hate characters like you’ve never hated before, but it is most definitely a must-watch, and that novel always has been a must-read.
Idk why I didn’t watch this before, but I finally managed to finish the first season of Netflix’s Daredevil (quite slowly though I admit)
Daredevil is based on the Marvel character created by Stan Lee and is about a blind lawyer who wears a mask and becomes a vigilante by night! Fucking great, right? This show is so much of superb and so much of fun and the fact that Daredevil’s played by a total hottie is a complete plus.
Charlie Cox plays Daredevil, his real name being Matt Murdock and the greatest parts of the show are when you get to see him shirtless :”)
If this isn’t enough for you to watch the show, I don’t know what could be. Just look at the precious soul that he is.
The season is 13 episodes long and the finale had been jumping and hopping with happiness everywhere. It’ll make you cry at places and then also make you pump your fist in the air because Matt Murdock’s such a badass!
GO WATCH NOW
Yes, you’ve read the title correct! Jay Asher’s super duper amazingly well written novel, 13 Reasons Why is being turned into a original Netflix miniseries. What the greatest part of this news is that India finally, finally has Netflix and thus access to Netflix original series!
The book was by far one of the most well written books I had read last year. The basic story is narrated by a high school boy who reached home and finds a box full cassette tapes from his high school classmate, and secret crush who leaves 13 reasons as to why she committed suicide.
There are a million people who fail to understand about suicide victims and this book goes through immense details to show what goes through the teenager’s mind.
Now since India just got Netflix( we started in January of this year), I’m not going to deny that I’m extremely excited for this series!